Fun for all the Family...
What’s it all about?
This year’s Family Zone at UKGE is set to be the biggest and best yet!
Imagination Gaming have been running the zone for eight years now and have a wealth of experience in making this area fun for all the family. This experience is why the Zone has become a ‘must visit’ destination for families at the Expo. We have the best team of friendly and dedicated demonstrators at hand to show you the greatest family games around; you’re sure to be amazed at what’s on offer. We pride ourselves on making everyone who enters the Zone feel at home and welcome. Keep a look out for our games menu in the run up to the event; a selection of games to suit any appetite, from light starters to more filling and complex main courses... we may even throw in some sweet surprises for dessert!
Let’s take a look at what will make the Family Zone 2017 even more spectacular and special!
- Huge range of games - First and foremost, we’ll have a great selection of family games, and we don’t say this lightly; our game collection will be HUGE! We’ll have a massive games library filled to the brim with this year’s most popular games and old classics that everyone can learn easily and enjoy immensely. All of our games in the Family Zone are great for building a variety of skills from maths and literacy to logic and memory! Over the last few months, we’ve introduced some incredible new games from a variety of companies from all over the world and we’re bringing all these with us to this year’s event. We attended last year’s Essen game fair; the world’s premier gaming event. Here, game designers and distributors across the world join together to showcase their new and popular games to hungry gamers and families, who are eager to see the latest and greatest games. We searched high and low for some exciting new additions at the event, and we definitely found them! Some of these games are even exclusive to us in the UK; don’t miss out on the chance to play and purchase these rarities.
Click the link below to see some of the new and exclusive games we will be bringing to the Family Zone this year: Click here
As well as the newbies, the majority of the games we have this year will be available to purchase at our stand at the event. There will also be the fantastic kid’s role-play sessions. Every year these are extremely popular so be sure to pop down early and in plenty of time to secure your place.
- Giant games - As well as the usual impressive tabletop game collection, we’ll have giant versions of some of our most popular games. We can confirm that these will include Pandemic, Ticket to Ride and some other surprises that we are most excited about, unique to ourselves! Our knowledgeable team will be more than happy to demonstrate these games and we promise not to get too competitive…(honest!)
- More seating - This year, we’ll have a seating area for around 250 people, so plenty of room to get your game on! Each year, the Zone becomes more popular and we’d love even more people to come and enjoy some games with us. We must stress however that this space is strictly for Family Zone attendees and is not spare game space. All children must also be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Creative Zone - As well as our main gaming area, we’ll also have our Creative Zone. This area is a little more chilled out and enables you to really get your creative juices flowing. From story writing to designing and making, there’s sure to be something for everyone to get stuck into. We love to showcase the designs and stories by those who visit the Zone, and we’ll have a display board where you can see everyone’s hard work (and maybe get some inspiration!)
- New this year - This year is a very exciting one. We’ll have game tournaments and a leader board for certain games, where you can challenge your family and friends and even try and beat your own scores! We’ll also be running some great competitions where there will be some pretty impressive prizes up for grabs. Come and see us for a challenge!
- The Imagination Gaming Family and Education Game Awards: Just before the event, we’ll be judging our yearly Imagination Gaming Family and Education Awards, and you’ll get to vote for the UKGE Player’s Choice Award! Winners will be announced after the event, so your votes are essential. Vote for your favourite game to win! If you’d like to see anything specific in this year’s Family Zone or you have any game requests, get in touch! We’d love to know your thoughts and ideas.
If you are an exhibitor or game designer/distributor, why not come and chat with us? We’re experts in family games and are more than happy to help, maybe even have a game or two with us!
See you in June!
Entry and Opening Hours:
Entry is free to anyone with any ticket for this years UK Games Expo during the following times
Friday, 2nd June - 11am - 6pm
Saturday, 3rd June - 9.30am - 6pm
Sunday, 4th June - 9.30am - 4pm